NCC - Profile
NATIONAL CADET CORPS 29(A) BN NCC : TIRUPATI
S.V.A. GOVT. DEGREE COLLEGE (M), SRIKALAHASTI
The British Government desired to import Army Training to Students of Indian Universities so that they may get good officers for their forces. In view of this they started University Training corps (UTC) which later on during 1925 was changed into university officers training corps.
During second world war, it was noticed that university officers training corps could not fullfil its mission. Considering this and to impart training to youth in future, the Govt. of India appointed a National cadet corps committee during 1946 under the chairmanship of Pandith Hradayanath Kunjru. He submitted a report to parliament in March 1948. The Parliament approved the act and at last NCC came into existence in july 1948, which comes under the ministry of defence. The main aim of the NCC is to develop character, discipline and leadership in all walks of life and always available for the service of the nation.
NCC MOTTO: Unity and Discipline
NCC IN S.V.A. GOVT. COLLEGE (M): SRIKALAHASTI
The NCC was started in A.P in May 1949. In our institution with a strength of 100 cadets, NCC was started in 1996. Dr.B.Nagaseshadri is the Associate NCC officer for this 250/D Srikalahasti unit, who has undergone pre-commission training course in officers training academy (OTA) kamptee, Nagapur in 2006.
Dr.B.Nagaseshadri who is at present NCC officer of this college attended several camps both at unit level and National level. Under his inspiration and guidance, cadet of this college got prizes for their best performance and secured jobs in Army.
- Venkatachalapathi Participated in Inter Group competition at secunderabad in 2016.
- P. Naveenkumar is participated NIC camp at secunderabad at 2016.
- NCC cadets assisted the police department in various situations in Srikalahati.
- Aids awareness programmes, Blood donation camps, Free mega health camp, swatch Bharat and cashless transaction awareness camps are being conducted every year
- Tree Plantation programmes and various social programmes are being conducted every year.