Dr. M. Sreelatha, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D.,
- I deem it a matter of great pride and joy to serve this prestigious college. In fact proud to say that I am an alumnus of the same college. Established in the month of August 1966 with the blessings of the great Sage, Educationist and Philosopher Swamy Vidyaprakasananda of Sri Sukabramhashramam, srikalahasti. Since then the college has been prospering year by year with additional courses, added student strength and improved performance. Now it is the third largest Government Degree College in the district with student strength of 767.
- Our college has an asset of qualified and experienced faculty. Five of them received State Best Teacher Awards so far. They have many achievements to their credit in the field of Teaching and Research. Many of them not only participated in National and Internatioal Seminars and Conferences but also published their books and articles in reputed Journals. There are 17 Ph.Ds and 12 M.Phil, NET and SLET holders in the College. In addition to six UGC Sponsored Minor Research Projects already done, three more MRP’s in Zoology, Telugu and Library Science are in progress. A few more faculty submitted their MRPs to UGC SERO, Hyderabad. So far three National Seminars have been organized in the college by the Department of Political Science and Department of Library Science in 2015 and by the Department of English in 2017.
- All the departments in the College are equipped with good infrastructure facilities to assure effective teaching learning progression. Most of our faculty members use ICT in the classrooms as they are facilitated by LCD Projectors and digital classrooms. This enables the students to acquaint themselves with the technological advancements in the field of education. Each and every department is striving at its best to improve the knowledge and intellectual capabilities of the students through various co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. In additional to this Jawahar Knowledge Centre (JKC), TISS and APSSDC are added feathers in the cap of our college. All these special wings are striving their best to enhance the employability skills and life skills among the students which are essential to prove themselves as the best products. Through Jawahar Knowledge Centre (JKC), many students are being trained job skills and selected in the Campus Drives.
- The College was accredited at B++ level by NAAC in the year 2005 and reaccredited at B level (CGPA 2.51) by NAAC in 2011. Now I am glad to share that our college is going for 3rd cycle of reaccreditation in the nearest future. Academic Audit in being done regularly and getting the API (Annual Performance Score) score every year. The IQAC (Internal Quality Assurance Cell) monitors the academic progress and submits AQAR (Annual Quality Assurance Reports) to the NAAC office, Bangalore every year.
- In the wake of the bifurcation of United Andhra Pradesh, this College remains one of the best Colleges in the field of Higher Education in Rayalaseema Region. As I eye witness of the ongoing progress of the college activities I am very confident that our institution excels and leaves a mark in the field of Higher Education by promising quality education to the students of this region.